Sunday, January 19, 2014

YAY!


I think I might be getting the hang of my post divorce, post nursing school life.

(This is NOT a challenge to the universe to throw a monkey wrench the size of Texas into my life now.  Just saying.)

It just seems like everything up until about now has been me running around putting out fires.  I couldn't get ahead of the craziness to do any preventative fire ditch digging or spraying flame retardant, it was all I could do to keep everything from falling down in ashes. Or going up in smoke?  I'm getting lost in my own metaphors.

I've mentioned before that my finances are finally looking sorta normal.  It's so much easier to balance a household budget with a decent influx of income.  Who knew, right?  It also means I can finally buy some long needed things without having a nervous breakdown.  I still haven't bought much yet though because having a savings account with more than $100 in it is pretty sweet.

Long story short, not spending much on piddly needed things yet but I did put down a deposit for a rental beach condo in South Carolina for the kids' spring break.  YAY!  I've been kicking around some travel ideas for awhile and with all the crappy snow here in Indiana, I want out.  And so do the kids.  I figured heck, I have money, I have vacation days, the kids will be off school and not running in a million directions to camps or grandparent's houses like they do in the summer, so let's go somewhere for spring break!  YAY!  This is almost like a normal thing that families do.  It's so exciting!  YAY!

Besides our crappy towels can hold out for another few months.  The mini-blinds have been fine as window treatments for the last year, we can be curtain-less for awhile longer.  If it's not broke, don't replace it.  I've always said I'd rather travel than "have stuff" so it's time to put my money where my mouth is.  We're going to the beach!  YAY!



No comments:

Post a Comment