Sunday, October 27, 2013

I HAVE A RN JOB!

*big sigh of relief*

The important bits: full time, days, no holidays, no weekends, at a local health department clinic, navy blue scrubs in any style/brand of my choosing (cause that's important, hehe)

*happy dance*

And benefits and a paycheck with a whopping $.30 more an hour than the local hospital starting RN pay.  (I plan to spend that extra $12 a week on something frivolous like food.  Or toilet paper.)

I interviewed for the job at the very beginning of October and I guess I forgot to mention it here at the time.  Lord only knows when I actually applied for the job because I've lost track of all the jobs I've applied to in my weekly 3-6 hours of 'oh my god, what the hell, must have experience, argh, nursing shortage, my ass!' online application sessions.  I was then offered the position a week later but since I had to put my two weeks in at the Sewing Gig and just, I don't know, didn't want to jinx it, I again didn't mention it here.  But I start tomorrow and on Friday, I did the pre-employment screening run around of a drug pee test, a TB skin test, and filled out tax paperwork so I feel it's pretty safe to mention it now.

I HAVE A RN JOB!


2 comments: