Hell, it's been a rough few months.
My birthday is coming up at the end of this month and while I'm not turning a fantastic milestone age like 40 or 50 (I'll be 36), I realized I had hit another milestone a couple of months ago. I didn't have much time to think about it then because I was in the middle of prepping for the NCLEX and trying to find a job (and paying bills and dealing with kids on summer vacation and writing run-on sentences...)
I've lived here in Indiana again for 5 years.
Granted I've moved twice since the original move to this city but 5 years. A lot has happened in 5 years (in no particular order):
- Got divorced
- Applied, was accepted, and went to 4 years of nursing school
- Passed the NCLEX and became a registered nurse
- Learned to tango
- Shot a handgun (at a target, not a person. Although I've been tempted)
- Learned to ride a motorcycle and earned the motorcycle endorsement on my license
- Ran a 5K
- Painted 2 paintings
- Took a hot air balloon ride
- Worked 6 different jobs (Katie Fleck Designs, Flower Shop #2, Student Nurse, Nanny Gig, Sewing Gig, Substitute School Nurse)
- Traveled to Hong Kong and Beijing
- Went on a cruise to the Caribbean
- Learned to ice skate
- Had the gas and electric turned off (bills... I suck at paying them)
- Adopted my cat and readopted her when she ended up at the Humane Society
- Sewn curtains (inside joke, for years I've said I've sewn everything under the sun but 'never curtains')
- Had kidney stones
- Traveled inside the US to Chapel Hill NC, Outer Banks NC, Put-In-Bay OH, Chicago IL, Louisville KY, Colorado Springs CO, Savannah GA, Orlando FL (Disney World), Philadelphia PA, Cherry Hill NJ, Venice FL
- knit a bunch of stuff
- sewn a bunch of stuff
- read a bunch of books
- been to several music concerts
- been camping a few times
- eaten a lot of yummy food
- and hung out with the very best people on the planet (my family and friends)
I've been a bucket of joy to be around honestly...
I'm going to try better to keep a positive attitude. The job will come. I'll likely fall in love again eventually. I won't be living on a shoe string budget forever. The gas won't be shut off because I don't even have gas at my current home. *shrugs* It's the little things sometimes.
The one big thing I'm looking forward to:
I'm going to be an aunt.
And that's more than enough to be super duper excited about right now. :)