Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Some Quotes

Subtitled: I probably think too much

It amuses me that you can always find a quote that fits your current attitude. And then find one that means the complete opposite of it. Like ‘Love means never giving up’ and then there’s the opposite, something like ‘Giving up doesn’t always mean you are weak, sometimes it means you are strong enough to let go.’

Okay so I have to pick between love and being strong? I can’t do both?

Recently I’ve felt myself turned upside down and inside out and I don’t know which way I’m heading anymore. There are three things that I know for sure right now:

I love him. I’m hurt. I have no fucking idea where to go from here.

So being the literary nerd that I am, I went searching for some answers. These quotes speak to me. And aren’t too conflicting with each other.
  • Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. (Course no one ever said I was sane in the first place.)

  • Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime and falling into at night, I miss you like hell. –Edna St. Vincent Millary (I identify VERY strongly with this one right now. During the day, I’m mostly okay. But then I dream about him and us all night long. Thanks, stupid subconscious…)

  • Every man needs a woman when his life is a mess. Because just like in a game of chess, the Queen protects the King.

  • Everything happens for a reason. But sometimes the reason is you’re stupid and you make bad decisions. (I know this is true about me occasionally. I’m working on it.)

  • I swear to you, there are divine things more beautiful than words can tell. –Walt Whitman

  • As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen. -Winnie the Pooh

  • Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for. –Bob Marley

  • Waiting is painful. Forgetting is painful. But not knowing which to do is the worse kind of suffering. –Paulo Coelho

  • Love me when I least deserve it because that is when I really need it. –Swedish Proverb

  • Everyone says that love hurts, but that’s not true. Loneliness hurts. Rejection hurts. Losing someone hurts. Everyone confuses these things with love, but in reality, LOVE is the only thing in this world that covers up all the pain and makes us feel wonderful again.

I want to feel wonderful again.


No comments:

Post a Comment